Everything you Need to Know About Buying Dashboard Camera
Dashboard camera is becoming increasingly popular all around the world due to their indubitable benefits. Drivers can now record everything that happens both inside and outside of their car. This trend, which started in Russia a few years ago, has become mainstream in the United States.
People use dashboard camera for various reasons: to record a potential accident for insurance reasons, to record odd phenomenons or just to record a happy moment with the whole family.
Whatever the reason, dashcams are not a fad anymore, but a necessity. In countries like Russia and South Korea millions of drivers have already equipped their cars with high definition dashcams.
If you are wondering why you should buy a dashboard camera or you are looking for top-quality dashcams and you don’t know how to find the right one for your needs, this page will answer all of these questions.
What are Dashboard Cameras?
These modern devices are video cameras mounted on a vehicle or in a vehicle. Usually, a dashboard camera is able to record both video and audio, 24/7. Most of these devices have to be mounted on the windshield, but you can also mount them on the dashboard.
Additionally, most dash cameras are facing only forward, but there are some more expensive that come equipped with dual lens, meaning that they record both outside and inside the car.
Dashboard cameras are different than traditional video cameras because they record continuously when power is on. Moreover, a dashboard camera deletes older files and keeps recording when the memory card is full.
4 Reasons to Buy a Dashcam
If you haven’t decided yet, here are some practical reasons to acquire one of these modern devices:
1. Insurance Fraud: there are many drivers who go berserk and enjoy to purposefully cause an accident, and then blame you for it. They might even try to extort money from you or fake injuries in order to get money from insurance companies. Watch this video to convince yourself why installing a dashcam is a must nowadays:
2. Evidence in Case of Accidents: obviously, if an accident were to occur, a dashboard camera could come in handy. If the person who caused the accident is trying to blame you, one of these devices can help you save thousands of dollars in the long run. No need to worry that the other party will change the story when police arrive.
3. Parking Protection: some dashboard camera are equipped with parking mode, which means they record those bad drivers who smash into your car and run away. However, your cam must not be hard wired into your vehicle for this feature to work.
4. Memories, memories: another reason to buy a dashboard camera is to record your precious memories with your close friends and family members. In years, you might want to share these unique moments with your children and nephews.
Things to Consider when Looking to Buy Dashboard Camera
On our website, you can find a wide selection of dashcams, mounts, backup cams and various other car accessories. If you are looking for GPS devices or radar detectors, you can also access our pages here (link to the other article). When selecting a dashcam for you, it is important to take into consideration the following factors:
the amount of money you are willing to spend for a dashboard camera is the most important factor when buying them. These modern devices can cost anywhere from $50 to $500. Set yourself a limit and shop around taking into account that limit. Moreover, do your homework You can easily find special deals and save up to 40% on some models.
if you are looking for a camera that can record HD, look no more. On our website you can find a wide selection of HD-quality dashcams that are made only by professional manufacturers. Brands like DOD, Lukas, Kdlinks and Rexing are our trusted partners. Some of the features you might want to consider at your dashcam include, but are not limited to:
- WiFi, low power drain, driver assistance system, GPS, large storage capacity, audible notifications, dedicated mute button, speed overlay function, seamless recording, HDR/WDR, parking mode feature and heat resistance.
Choose the Right Dashboard camera for you
Now that you know how to easily choose the right product for your needs, start shopping now and take advantage of the great prices you find on our car accessories store.