Why foam milk? Why café milk frothers have become a must-have appliance for coffee lovers ? Because everybody uses them ? Because an espresso tastes better with latte? Or maybe both?
One thing is sure, and you’ll probably agree – more and more people are starting to use milk frothers together with espresso and coffee makers to enhance the sensory experience of drinking coffee. The milk frother is the one responsible for giving you that creamy, frothy, irresistible cappuccino, espresso, mocha or latte.
A milk frother is a modern device that can help you attain the texture, taste and appearance of delicious hot drinks. The basic function of this machine is to froth the milk, giving it a smooth texture and enabling for small bubbles to appear on top of it.
The foam of a milk frother is a must on top of any coffee or cappuccino, especially if you are planning to add your own unique ingredients: cinnamon, Nutella, nutmeg, ice cream, mint or chocolate. You can easily add one or more toppings on top of the foam resulted from the milk frother, toppings that you could never add on top of coffee.
You can now create your own perfect frothy milk from the comfort of your home and produce delicious hot or cold drinks while saving huge. You can create your own espressos with a minimum investment, instead of spending $5 on a cup of coffee at Starbucks.
Main Types of Milk Frothers
1. Handheld milk frother: of course, this is
the original milk frother that used to be quite good up until 2010.
2. Stainless steel press /manual: this was a cylindrical pot that was used in
coffee shops to prepare multiple cups of hot drinks
3. Electric milk frother: this is the modern version of a milk frother. Electric
milk frothers come in various sizes and offer innovative features, such as hot
chocolate maker, cappuccino frothing disks, froth density, and the list goes on.
For example, the Chef’s Star MF-2 Premier is a modern electric milk frother made of the highest quality stainless steel and equipped with the innovative froth density function. This unit enables you to personalize your foam and select from hot milk, cold milk, hot dense or hot airy frothing.
Another example of an innovative café milk frother is Nespresso 4192-US Aeroccino4. This gorgeous all-chrome unit allows you
to prepare a wide range of milk options for your favorite coffee and espresso recipes.
Last but not the least, the Breville BMF600XL is a modern café frother maker that uses induction heating & spinning to create delicious, creamy milk foam full of small bubbles. You can literally use this device to create a small “bubble bath” on top of your coffee. You can also add your desires ingredients straight in the jug to make hot chocolate.
5 Important Things to Look at when Choosing a Café Milk Frother
Here is a quick guide to help you buy the best milk frother for your needs:
1. Select the right type: if not going with a modern electric milk frother, make sure you buy the best manual frother there is. We still recommend you to go with a modern fully automatic frother, as it complements your modern kitchen to perfection.
2. Portability: this is a huge factor when buying a milk frother. You might need to move the frother from one room to another, especially if you are in the business of creating your own coffee tops and you don’t want to leave your bed in the morning.
3.Capacity: you also need to look at the amount of milk that can go in the device. Most electric frothers contain enough milk for 5-6 cups of coffee. If you need more, make sure you go with a higher capacity frother.
4. Ease of use: a simple to use machine is always a welcomed addition to any homeowner that puts a huge emphasis on time. If you are always on the hurry, select a milk
frother that is easy to use, simple to understand and offers numerous time-saving features.
5.Features: ultimately, look for beneficial features and advanced specs. If you want to experiment with various recipes, such as frothy desserts, chocolate, latte, or select your own froth density, make sure to buy a café milk frother that is capable of assisting you in all your bright ideas.